MK Content, management of Strika, has responded to claims that the actor has returned to begging on the streets because he’s not receiving good treatment.
Below is the statement
MK Content, management of Emmanuel Adom Quaye (popularly known as Strika) of “Beasts of No Nation” fame, wishes to address rising issues concerning our client.
1. Emmanuel is not a street beggar as reported. We have been looking for him after he ran away from his school at Cape Coast Montessori and his phone was with his guardian. He has a fully paid apartment in Cape Coast where his other co-actor Justice lives with him and his guardian. He has an allowance and is studying in a private school fully paid by the producers of Beasts of No Nation with contribution from Netflix.
2. He made 1% of the profit from the film which is $30,000 USD. His money is not in custody of Zoey, Kofi or Danny as he stated. The money has been put in a Trust Fund in his name at Barclays Bank, Now that he is 18 years, he needs a valid ID to access the money.
3. He mentioned in an interview he was paid GHc10,000 for a short film he did called “Jungle Justice” produced by Regina Van Helvert of Gh One. He meant to say it in the old currency; which is ten million currently GHc 1,000. Part of the money was used to buy a suit, white shirt, tie and a pair of shoes for him for Teen Choice Awards 2016, and rest was used to buy things for him for school.
4. He still has a good relationship with Abraham Attah.
5. We currently have him and we will continue to focus on his well-being and work with him.
We are grateful for the concern of Ghanaians and the world at large towards him.