The piles of sex cult allegations, a string of canceled shows, domestic violence accusations and persistent personal life rumors stacked against disgraced R&B icon R. Kelly has finally promoted a response from him.
But not your run-of-the-mill, PR-spun, blanket statement. Instead, the Pied Piper has taken his confessions to a lengthy 20-minute record titled, “I Admit It.” The months-long sex cult accusations, involving several young women allegedly holed up as sex slave hostages in his Chicago and Atlanta homes, is only a fragment of the track, though. Kelly addresses all the ghosts of Hollywood rumors past, including the most controversial in his industry tenure, like his shamed marriage with late R&B songstress Aaliyah (who was 15 years old at the time), sleeping with his close friend’s girlfriend, trouble with the IRS, his struggle with dyslexia and illiteracy, being perpetually bamboozled from managers and even his own experiences with child molestation as a 14-year-old at the hands of a family member.
“I Admit It” leaves little to no questions surrounding the Chicago-bred singer’s largest career controversies unanswered. And after fans hit play on all eight confessional verses, they’re ready to call in the authorities.
See some of the verses with the most shocking admissions that we caught, the internet’s current state of emergency following the track, and listen to the full 19-minute, 11-second “I Admit It” record below.
- Verse 2I admit I can’t spell for sh**/ I admit that all I hear is hits / I admit that I couldn’t read the teleprompter when the Grammy’s asked me to present But one night at the Ritz, did some shit I shouldn’t of did/ Went and fucked a n**ga’s b**ch/ I admit, I admit that I did / I f**ked my girlfriends bestfriend/ Yeah I tapped that in the back of my Benz/ I admit I’m sorry for my sins
- Verse 3I admit I been tempted by drugs/ I admit that I just need a hug/ I admit the devil talk to me sometime, but the devil is not who I trustCancel my shows, that shit ain’t right/ How they gon’ say I don’t respect these women, when all I’ve done is represent/ Take my career and turn it upside down, ’cause you mad I’ve got some girlfriendsAin’t seen my kids in years, they tryna lock me up like Bill/ How much can a n**ga take? How much can a n**ga pray?
- Verse 5I admit I f**k with all the ladies, that’s both older and young ladies/ But tell me how they call it pedophile because that sh** is crazyShe said “What about Aaliyah said?”/Love/She said “What about the tape?”/ I said hush/I said my lawyer said “don’t say noth'”/But I can tell you I’ve been set up
Said I had dyslexia, couldn’t read all them contracts, yeah/Now the truth in this message, is I’m a broke ass legend (message, legend)/The only reason I stay on tour, is ’cause I gotta pay my rent
- Verse 6Now, I admit a family member touched me/ From a child to the age 14, yeah/ While I laid asleep, took my virginity / So scared to say something, so I just put the blame on meSaid I’m abusing these women, what the f**k that’s some absurd sh**/ They’re brainwashed, really? (really)/ Kidnapped, really? (really)/ Can’t eat, really? (really)And if you really, really wanna know/ Her father dropped her off at my show/ And told this boy to put her on stage/ I admit that she was over age/ I admit that I was feelin’ her and I admit that she was feelin’ me/
I admit that that’s the shit that comes with being a celebrity/ I ain’t chasing these ladies, no/ These ladies are chasing me, yeah/ Now I’m only saying all this sh**, ’cause how they tryna play me, yeah/ I admit that this is no disrespect to the parents/
But this is my advice to you ’cause I’m also a parent/ Don’t push your daughter in my face, and tell me that it’s okay/ ‘Cause your agenda is to get paid, and get mad when it don’t go your way
- Verse 7What’s the definition of a cult?/Whats the definition of a sex slave?/ Go to the dictionary, look it up/ Let me know I’ll be here waiting/ Now I admit that I got some girls that love me to pull they hair/ Now I admit that they love me to talk dirty when I pull they hair/ Some like me to spank ’em/ Some like to get branded/ And what some of these girls want, is too much for the radio station/
Look I’m just a man y’all / Not a monster or beast / But I admit there are times when these girls so fine, they’ll chill with a n**ga for a week
To Jim DeRogatis, whatever your name is / You been tryna destroy me for 25 whole years/ Writin’ the same stories over and over against / Off my name, you done went and made yourself a career /
But guess what? I pray for you and family, and all my other enemies/ I’m not gonna let y’all steal my joy, I’m just gon’ keep on doing me/ Now I don’t know what else to say except, I’m so falsely accused/
Tell me how can you judge, when you’ve never walked in my shoes/ So easy to mess up, someone else’s life/ So show me the other devil in disguise
I admit I had to borrow a couple of M’s from the label/ All these hits out but I couldn’t put food on the table/ I was told I had to sell my cars, I was told I couldn’t get a loan/ Said I owed 20 million to the IRS and they were coming to get my home
- Verse 8Since when do assumptions, cost a man his whole career/ Found guilty when you’re innocent, is the only time…./ There is one thing that’s for sure, and I want to make this sh** clear/ I done lived my voice and represented my country for 31 f**kin’ years